The Rev. Alfred Jones heard the voice of God saying, “Go ye into the world and preach my Gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved.” So as he preached, disciples were saved.
Rev. Jones saw the need to organize a church. In 1902, Mr. Lee Woodford donated the land and a wooden building was constructed. The first church was named Woodford Chapel Church. Rev. Jones was the first pastor. In 1919, Woodford Chapel was dedicated and renamed Maiden Chapel Baptist Church.
In 1942 under the leadership of Rev. J.C. Brewer, Maiden Chapel Baptist Church was rebuilt. The church was remodeled in 1960 and again in 1971. November 5, 1978 Rev. Dr. Robert Abbott became the pastor. Under his leadership, the indebtness of the Church was paid off.
Through God’s divine favor we were afforded the opportunity to move out of the Carmike Theater and into a church located at 5100 Fleetwood Drive in Mountain View, NC. The Maiden Chapel Baptist Church Faith Center held its first service in January 2010. We understand it is not our job to produce fruit. If we walk in obedience to the Word, do what God says do, and stay in position, He will produce the fruit. We stand in awe of God, we know all praise and honor is due to Him and Him alone.
God has given Maiden Chapel a vision that will impact the Kingdom. We dare not take credit for what God is doing and will do. We anticipate the inevitable, supernatural, intervention of God.
Maiden Chapel continues to grow numerically with the addition of new disciples, physically with the addition of property and changes to the church structure, and spiritually as we see lives changing and disciples growing as a direct result of the ministry provided through the voice of our All Mighty God.
On June 13, 1979, under leadership of Rev. Dr. R.D. Abbott, Maiden Chapel became a member of the Ebenezer Association, Inc.
On December 18, 1981, the Maiden Chapel Baptist Church building and all its contents were completely destroyed by fire. A foundation for a new church building was laid in 1982. On October 24, 1982 the building was completed. The cornerstone was laid on November 1, 1982 and the building was dedicated on November 7 of the same year. On October 27, 1996, Maiden Chapel Baptist Church held its Mortgage Burning Service.
On January 25, 2004 God assigned Rev. Vincent C. Ross to Pastor Maiden Chapel Baptist Church. Under his leadership, numerous ministries were formed with the purpose of ministering and meeting the needs of our entire church body and community.
God has blessed Maiden Chapel with land, the Maiden Rosenwald School was leased to us for $1 per year by Mr. Gerald Hudson. We serve an awesome God! Our ministries continue to grow and serve. Maiden Chapel has established a food ministry, Manna From Heaven, which serves Catawba County and the surrounding areas twice monthly.
In 2008, we continued to see growth. In February, God saw fit for Maiden Chapel to step out into new territory with the start of a second location. We became One Church in Two Locations. The first service of the Hickory Metro location was held on Super Sunday, the first Sunday in February 2008, at the Carmike Theater in Hickory, NC.
In April 2008, the Maiden Rosenwald Community Development Corporation Board of Directors formed to begin the work of developing a community based organization whose goal is to educate and empower the community through the power of unity. The Maiden Rosenwald Preschool Academy was completely renovated and opened for service in August with a multicultural staff and clientele. Our Maiden Rosenwald Preschool Academy is now a Five Star daycare and continues to grow.
We thank God for his wonderful blessings. God has manifested himself mightily at Maiden Chapel. We wait in expectancy for His next move and walk in obedience to the Holy Spirit. We know God is moving and we will stay in His flow. We walk by faith and not by sight.
Maiden Chapel continues to be a Bible Based, Worship Centered, Purpose Driven church dedicated to equipping individuals, to strengthen families, to impact communities for Christ.